Arriva Bus Services are making a number of changes to their services in the Maidstone, Larkfield and Snodland area from the above date, giving more frequent buses on some routes and improved evening and Sunday services for Larkfield and Snodland.
Highlights of the changes are:
- More frequent buses for Park Wood - every eight minutes for the main part of the day on Mondays to Saturdays
- Improved evening service for London Road and the Larkfield area
- More frequent Sunday buses for London Road, Larkfield and Lunsford Park
- New half-hourly evening and Sunday services for Ham Hill, Snodland and Holborough
- New route between Snodland and Holborough, serving more of the Holborough Lakes development.
Details of all the changes are shown below and updated timetable leaflets will be available from our usual outlets, including the Maidstone Gateway offices in King Street, Maidstone (next to Boots the chemist at the top of the ramp into Chequers Bus Station) or by calling 0344 800 4411. - See more at: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets/documents/south-east/leaflets/leaflet_maidstonechangesaug15.pdf
Service 71 and Schooldays Services 571/575 Maidstone – Allington – Ditton – Larkfield – Lunsford Park – Snodland – Holborough – Leybourne Park
The timetable will be revised to give a more frequent evening and Sunday service for Larkfield and Lunsford Park, a new evening and Sunday service for Ham Hill, Holborough and Snodland, and a new route between Snodland and Holborough that will serve more of the Holborough Lakes development.
- The route in Snodland will be revised so that buses will run via Holborough on their way to Snodland in both directions. They will no longer run along Constitution Hill.
From Maidstone, buses will follow their existing route to Paddlesworth Road and will then run via Cemetery Road and Manley Boulevard (the new buses-only road) into Holborough, then via Snodland By-pass and Holborough Road to Snodland, terminating at the bus stop opposite The Bull.
Buses towards Maidstone will start in Snodland from opposite The Bull and will then run via High Street, Queens Avenue, Holborough Road, Snodland By-pass, Holborough, Manley Boulevard and Cemetery Road to Paddlesworth Road and then via the existing route to Maidstone. This means that those travelling to Holborough will need to board the bus on the opposite of the road to now.
- The evening service will be improved by the introduction of additional buses to maintain the thirty-minute service right through the evening on Mondays to Saturdays. These will all run through to Holborough and Snodland, giving the Snodland area a much-improved evening service.
- The Sunday service will be more frequent, giving a half-hourly service to Lunsford Park. These buses will also run through to and from Holborough and Snodland, giving the Snodland area a new Sunday service – every half an hour! The existing Service 77 buses between Maidstone, Larkfield and Tunbridge Wells will continue to run along London Road in addition to the half-hourly Service 71 buses.
Service 72 and Schooldays Service 573 Kings Hill – West Malling – Larkfield – Ditton – Allington – Maidstone
- The 0628 hours Service 72 bus on Schooldays from West Malling High Street to Chequers Bus Station will terminate at Royal Star Arcade.
- Extra Service 573 buses will run on Schooldays at 0728 hours from Kings Hill to Invicta Grammar School and at 1545 hours from Chequers Bus Station to Kings Hill. - See more at: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/south-east/updates/improved-services-for-the-maidstone-and-malling-area-from-2nd-august-2015/#sthash.tQO7YCrC.dpuf