Protect YOUR vote

14 Dec 2022
Your Vote Matters

The Government is changing the rules to require that everyone shows some kind of photo identification ID at Polling Stations before they are allowed to vote. This will start next May with Borough Council elections.

But only some kinds of photo ID will do. An over 60s Oyster card will be accepted, but the over 18 version will not. A Driving Licence or a passport will do but what if you don’t have either of those? In that case you can do one of these two things now:

  1.  Apply for a postal vote. Anyone can have one. Your voting slip comes direct to you at home by post with a reply paid envelope. If you still want to vote in person, you can take the slip to the Polling Station on Election Day.
    You can find the application form at 
    In the TMBC area, it must be completed and returned to the Borough Council at Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, ME194LZ.
    If you have any trouble downloading the form, let us know and we’ll get a form to you.
  2.  Get an older persons Bus Pass. These are accepted for voting, and you never know… you might use it on a bus too. To apply go to Kent County Council’s website

This website uses cookies

Like most websites, this site uses cookies. Some are required to make it work, while others are used for statistical or marketing purposes. If you choose not to allow cookies some features may not be available, such as content from other websites. Please read our Cookie Policy for more information.

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.
Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
Marketing cookies are used by third parties or publishers to display personalized advertisements. They do this by tracking visitors across websites.